How to Get In and Out of NAIA Terminal 4 (Old Domestic Airport)
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) of Manila’s Terminal 4 is better known to locals as “Domestic Airport” or “Domestic Terminal.” It is located at the end of Runway 13.
Back in the 1990s, it served majority of Philippine Airlines’ domestic flights. Then after the deregulation came, Cebu Pacific, Air Philippines, and others that called it home. When PAL moved out, it became NAIA’s main domestic terminal for non-PAL flights. When the budget carrier trend went on full force, the terminal wasn’t able to cope up with the increasing passengers. Then when NAIA Terminal 3 opened, Cebu Pacific and AirPhil moved out. Today, Zest Air (formerly Asian Spirit), SeAir-Tiger Airways, and other airlines make this their home. Terminal 4 is better known to be the hub for island getaway flights such as Boracay, El Nido, and even Batanes.
Like the previous how to get in and out of NAIA Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3, we’ll give you a very simple tip on taking a public transportation to NAIA’s Terminal 4 or better known as Domestic Airport.
How to get to NAIA Domestic Terminal?
- If you are coming from Makati, QC, or anything that comes from EDSA, take a MIA-611 bus and have yourself disembark at “6-11” or “kanto Domestic,” which is the junction of MIA Road and Domestic Road.
- From 6-11/Kanto Domestic, go across the other side of the road and take “Baclaran Domestic” jeepney. Fare is P8.00.
How to get out of Domestic Terminal?
- Getting out is quite complicated since there’s only one jeepney route that passes by (Baclaran-Domestic). Take the Baclaran-Domestic-Tambo jeepney and disembark at McDonalds Airport Road (Quirino Avenue-Airport Road junction).
- There are three ways getting out of there and go to Roxas Boulevard, where most buses going to EDSA or Manila are located:
- Take a sidecar (pedicab), most likely they’ll charge you with “turista rate” ranging from P20 to P50 if you like to go to Roxas Boulevard.
- Recommended: Take MRT-Pasay Rotunda jeepney. It will take you to MRT Taft Avenue Station in EDSA or Baclaran. Either way, it’s only PhP8.00!
- From either Baclaran or Pasay Rotunda, you can take the buses, or FXs that goes to your destination.
View How to Get In and Out of Manila Domestic Terminal in a larger map
Click on the lines and icons to get more info.
I am not sure whether there is a NAIA Terminal Loop Shuttle though, but so far for traditional public mass transportation, this is how you do it.